Monday, February 27, 2017

February Backyard birds and March 18 visit to Iona

The weather conspired against me for the three week stretch between Feb 25 and March 18. We spent the March 4-5 weekend shopping for and buying a new vehicle, a 2017 Subaru Forester. This will be very useful for my upcoming Okanagan birding tour in April.

Here' a couple of backyard birds from February. The first is a Pine Siskin taken through a dirty window. They've been here for the last month and are eating bird seed at an unbelievable rate. This is Bird #69, a bit out of order from the previous post.


Pine Siskin - Backyard, North Delta BC - 2017 Bird #69

When I got home from my outing on February 25th, I was greeted by the call of a Pileated Woodpecker. I located it high in a bare tree in the back yard. I'd seen one earlier in the year in Burns Bog, but these photos are better than the one I took on that day.


Pileated Woodpecker - Backyard, North Delta BC






No comments:

Post a Comment